A DREAM BECOMES REALITY
Autocorrection, chatbots, social media feeds, e-payments, and facial recognition are among several forms of artificial intelligence we encounter daily. And don’t forget the super-talented and lightning-quick ChatGPT. All these technologies were once considered science fiction just 50 years ago. Today, they have rapidly infiltrated nearly every aspect of our personal and professional lives. At times, we feel enthused about the vast potential of AI. Similar to the initial machines that imitated our muscles and helped us to augment human labour, it is constantly expanding our cognitive and business operational capabilities.
AUGMENT WITH AI
Lots of companies, from SMEs to corporates, are using AI tech to cut costs, work smarter, bolster revenues, and give customers better experiences. The best way to get the most out of AI technology is to blend a bunch of different smart tools, like machine learning and natural language processing, into existing processes and products. But even if you’re new to AI, it can still make a big difference to your bottom line.
DON’T FEEL THREATENED
Research says AI doesn’t always do best on its own. It’s great for handling boring, repetitive stuff, but when humans and machines work together, businesses can boost their performance. So, don’t think of AI as something that takes over from people. Think of it as something that helps them do even better. To get started with AI, you just need to be open-minded and willing to jump on new opportunities as they come your way.
HOW TO USE THE BOTS
The different uses of AI in business are growing at a breakneck speed. These include workflow management, trend predictions, marketing strategies and offering new opportunities. Here are some specific ways that the power of these bots is being harnessed:
- Boost customer service with virtual assistants that can handle real-time billing tasks.
- Automate tasks by analysing data from smart sensors and using machine learning algorithms to categorize work and route service requests.
- Optimize logistics with AI-powered image recognition tools that monitor and optimize infrastructure and transport routes.
- Increase manufacturing efficiency by integrating industrial robots into your production line to perform mundane tasks.
- Prevent outages by using anomaly detection techniques to spot patterns that could disrupt your business, and by detecting and deterring security intrusions.
- Predict performance and behaviour using AI applications that analyse data patterns to help you reach goals and serve tailored product offers.
- Manage and analyse data more efficiently than ever before to gain insight into your assets, brand, team, or customers.
- Improve marketing and advertising by tracking user behaviour and automating routine marketing tasks.
HOW YOUR BUSINESS GAINS
By using the right AI tech, your business could:
- automate and optimise boring tasks, saving time and money
- boost productivity and operational efficiency
- make rapid decisions based on insights from smart technology
- avoid mistakes and human errors if the AI is correctly configured
- use customer data to personalise their experience and predict their needs
- generate leads and grow your customer base with tons of data analysis
- maximise sales opportunities and earn more revenue
- gain insight and expertise by enabling analysis and leveraging intelligent advice and support
A BETTER WORKPLACE
Companies are getting in on AI action to help with managing talent. They’re using it to do all sorts of things like making the hiring process smoother and finding and fixing any bias in their communications. Katherine Jones, an independent consultant, wrote that using AI in the hiring process can save companies money and help them find the best employees. Companies are also using AI to talk to potential hires and make them feel special, and even help mentor employees. And when it comes to figuring out who deserves a raise, AI is being used to measure employee satisfaction and find the real high performers.
It’s important to keep in mind that AI is still relatively new and constantly evolving, which can lead to unexpected challenges. Here are four of the biggest hurdles to effectively implementing the technology in your business:
- availability and quality of data – data is not always easily accessible or lacks consistency, which can make it difficult for businesses to fully leverage AI to create value
- a shortage of skilled technical staff with the necessary expertise to effectively deploy and operate AI solutions
- due to their complexity, these systems can be expensive to acquire and maintain so cost is another important factor to consider when procuring these technologies
- smaller businesses like SMEs may need to outsource AI so ongoing maintenance and updates can also result in additional costs
WORTH THE INVESTMENT
Implementation times, customer privacy, potential lack of transparency, and technological complexity may also be problematic when onboarding the bots. But know this – the risks of using AI can be minimised if you plan and manage properly. It’s important to know what you need and what your options are, and to make sure your system is well-designed and looked after care of. Yes, some challenges are involved in using AI, but the potential benefits make it a worthwhile investment for many businesses.
GET SOME AI ACTION
Thinking about trying out AI for your business? It could seriously shake things up and revolutionize how you work. And that’s where I can help. With over 20 years of experience in professional IT support and specialising in cybersecurity and automation I can help you make the most of these budding technologies and remove all the anxiety about their implementation. Reach out to me today and let’s get you in on some AI action.